- Plan your own personal offroad adventure using these maps, GPS coordinates, and driving directions to find 4WD trails across the United States.
- Let someone else lead the way by signing up for one of these safe (yet highly adventurous) guided 4-wheeling trips.
- Spend some time in the great outdoors camping and trail riding - both in the same place.
- Have some fun with a GPS by trying out geocaching offroad - a fun treasure hunt type of road game taking place in most U.S. cities. (You'd be surprised... just type in your zip code to see all the hidden caches right where you live!).
- Take your Jeep for the ride of its life on a Jeep Jamboree -- organized trail rides for Jeep owners in dozens of states across the USA.
- Make sure your vehicle is up for the trip
- Make sure you pack the right gear
- Check out the best truck tents for pickup trucks and SUVs
- Towing tips for 4WD vehicles
- How to prepare for your first 4-wheeling trip
- Make sure you're familiar with 4WD and when to use it
On the other hand, if you don't already own a 4WD truck or SUV, and you'd like to participate in some great off-road adventure riding, you can choose from the following:
- Rent a 4x4 Jeep, ATV, or other 4WD vehicle for the sole purpose of trying out 4-wheeling in many states across the U.S. Or, just rent a 4x4 for its unique features, whether you plan to drive it off-road or not!
- You can leave the driving to someone else, while still enjoying 4-wheeling offroad, by signing up for one of these guided 4-wheeling trips across the United States.
- If you're considering buying a new 4WD vehicle, and you and your family do a lot of traveling, consider purchasing one of
the best 4WD SUVs for road trips.